This policy is effective as of November 19, 2009
The Information We Collect & How We Use It
There are two categories of information that we may collect from you:
- Personal Information
- General Information
In addition to the specific uses noted below, we may use, store and review information we collect from you for a variety of internal business purposes, such as to provide, monitor and maintain the Services, provide you with a better user experience and develop new services. We also may use General Information to deliver advertisements that match your interests.
1. Personal Information
This is information that you provide when using the Services which is not provided for publication, transmission or display through the site AND identifies you by full name, full postal address, phone number or email address, or includes information necessary to process payment for the Services. Examples of Personal Information include your username and password and payment information such as a credit card number, expiration date, and billing address.
How we use it:
- We may use Personal Information for the purposes for which it was provided, such as to process transactions.
- We may use your email address to send email about your account or marketing messages to any email address you provide us.
- You can always choose not to receive any marketing email. We offer an "unsubscribe" in the marketing emails we send. If you choose not to receive marketing email, you may still receive email from us based on Services you may have signed up for.
2. General Information
This information includes things like your browser type, IP address, the date and time of your visits, locality (your city and state), which web pages you viewed, searches you conducted, and other communications through the Services. Through surveys we may collect General Information, such as your age, gender or interests.
A cookie is a small file that we send to your computer to identify your web browser. Most browsers allow you to disable cookies (not allow our servers to send cookies to your browser). However, some of the Services may not function properly if you disable cookies.
A web beacon is a small graphic file used to identify if a page has been viewed.
How we use it:
How Third Parties Collect & Use Your Information
We work with Audience Science and other third party companies to deliver advertisements on our websites. These third parties may collect and use General Information to deliver more relevant advertising to you and for their own business purposes.
To stop information collection and targeted advertising from Audience Science and other third-party companies, click here.
Advertising Forms & Surveys
Some third-party advertisements include surveys or forms, which prompt you to enter search criteria or other General Information, such as your age or gender. An advertiser may receive the information you enter into a form or survey contained in an advertisement. Similarly, advertisements typically link to third-party websites.
Analysis of Your Data
We may use third parties to help measure the effectiveness of our advertising and to analyze usage of the Services. Third parties help us analyze General Information we obtain from you (we generally place restrictions on those third parties' use of such information). Third parties may also use the General Information for their business purposes, such as to report aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about the use of their services and technologies in connection with the Services.
To stop certain companies from analyzing your data, click here.
When We Share Information With Third Parties
In addition to the information we talked about above, People Search Ventures may disclose the information subject to this policy to third parties under the following circumstances:
1. To help us provide the Services to you. We may share information with third parties to complete transactions you’ve requested or to perform services on our behalf. Third parties who perform services on our behalf are obligated to use the information for the purpose it was provided.
2. To comply with the law. We may disclose information we collect (including Personal Information) when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, such as in response to a subpoena or court order.
3. For safety reasons or to protect our interests. We may disclose information we collect (including Personal Information) in order to prevent damage to our property (tangible and intangible), for safety reasons or in the course of collecting amounts owed to us.
4. Business transfers. We will not sell Personal Information unless it is in the context of a merger, acquisition, business reorganization, debt financing or sale of company assets, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership. In these transactions, the information which we collect may be transferred to third parties as one of our business assets.
5. You authorize it. We may disclose information if you authorize it.
The Security of Your Personal Information
We use reasonable security measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized use and disclosure while in our control. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect certain Personal Information. However, no security measures are perfect, and we cannot guarantee that any information will be secure from unauthorized access or use.
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly publish information for anyone under the age of 18 through our Services. If you know of anyone under the age of 18 whose information is published through our Services, or have other concerns about children’s privacy, please write to us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this policy, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.